Join the Outdoor Events sailing school in Dalarna (Mora) or Stockholm (Hundudden), for adults and teenagers from 16 years. We use the Melges-24 boat which is a racing boat with with jib, main sail and gennaker. The boats are fast but easy to sail and sensitive like a dinghy, which is good for the learning process.
First available dates for English sailing lessons are from June 6th 2020.
We arrange English courses at dates upon request. Minimum 3 participants per course during weekends. Please send us a mail with your desired dates if you want to be on a list for participating with others if you are alone. You are welcome to borrow sailing clothes + life jacket if you do not have your own equipment (included in the fee).
Price incl VAT per person:
SEK: 2.900: One day 8 hrs.
SEK 3.900: Two days 6+6 hrs.
Keel Boat Step-1
If you have very little sailing experience or none at all and want to learn the basics of sailing.
GOAL: Learn how to handle a keel boat by yourself in light weather conditions.
- Basic sailing words
- Boat parts and equipment
- Sailing in theory and practice
- Rigging, hoisting & taking down the sails
- Basic nautical rules in theory and practice.
- Knots and the use of them.
- Safety knowledge.
Keel Boat Step-2
If you want to learn more or get a repetition of what you once knew. Or if you earlier have sailed passively but want to be more sure of how to handle sailing boat.
GOAL: Feel safe in day-sailing in different kinds of weather.
PRE-KNOWLEDGE: Step-1 or similar or actively having sailed as crew.
- Repetition: Sailor words, parts and equipment
- Repetition: Right-of-way (ROW) rules, sailing theory and practice
- Sail trimming (basics)
- Reading charts (studies in navigation should be added)
- Communication on board
- Berthing and leaving port
Conditions for All Sailing School Courses
A course can only be arranged if there are 3 – 8 persons participating per course. The course must be paid in advance after agreement of course date. Entries are binding when the course fee is paid and registered on our account.
- The course fee shall be registered on our account no less than 15 days before start of the course, or minimum before the course date if agreed.
- For deregistration 15 days or earlier before start of course 50% will be refund.
- For deregistration 14 days or later before start no course fee will be refund.
- The course ticket may be given to an other person.